Did you know you might be doubling up on your super fees?
Once you start working your employer will make contributions to your super through the superannuation guarantee. Each month 9.5% of your salary will be paid in to a super fund for you. This money is yours – you earned it – so it makes sense to keep track of your super.
What you need to know
As we change jobs it’s easy to end up with more than one super account. This means you may be paying more fees than you need to. By consolidating your super into one fund you can:
- Save money on fees
- Cut down your paperwork
- Make it easier to keep track of your super
You can now also choose which super fund your superannuation guarantee is paid to (rather than your employer choosing for you).
- Consolidate your super online using the ATO’s online SuperSeeker tool
- Shop around – find a super fund that has the features you want
- Remember to check that your employer can contribute to your chosen fund before you consolidate
Count on us
- A Count adviser can help you:
- Choose the best super fund for you
- Boost your super using smart super strategies
- Consolidate your super